Social Media Manager
Hybrid or Remote - anywhere in BC
- Gain valuable industry experience as BCCA's Social Media Manager
- Receive $55,000 to $60,000 annual salary plus full benefits
- Help make a valuable impact in the construction industry
About British Columbia Construction Association
British Columbia Construction Association's (BCCA) mission is to ensure our province is home to a world-class construction sector that demonstrates exceptional productivity and resilience.
We’ve made it our mission to ensure that the skilled workforce, resources, and regulatory environment exceeds the needs and expectations of all industrial, commercial, and institutional construction employers. We work to ensure that everyone is represented, whether union or open shop, general or trade, located in the north or the south or anywhere in between.
BCCA programs serve more than 10,000 contractors, and with such an enormous reach, we are the go-to source of information and guidance for our industry.
To read more about us, our mission, various programs, and strategic plan, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, BCCA is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our team. This can be a fully remote or hybrid work model position, however, the successful candidate must reside in BC.
As our Social Media Manager, you will play a key role in developing, growing, and converting our social media audiences across all BCCA programs and services. This includes the Apprenticeship Services Program, Building Builders, STEP, IN, TTF, Builders Code, and BidCentral, as well as BCCA corporate messaging and priorities.
Your typical responsibilities will include:
- Developing impactful content to drive growth, traffic, and engagement across all social media platforms
- Managing advertising budget through effective paid search campaigns
- Overseeing social media advertising campaigns
- Collaborating with internal teams and external agencies for creative content and cross-marketing projects
- Analyzing the effectiveness of strategies to implement actionable improvements
- Monitoring and analyzing key metrics (e.g., web traffic, awareness / engagement activity, clicks, CPC, etc.)
- Establishing relationships with customers, partners, and influencers to develop a strong network
To qualify, you will need at least 2 years of experience, specializing in professional content curation and social media marketing.
Skills, experience, and background in the following are crucial for this role:
- Growing and retaining social audiences (e.g., B2C, B2B, etc.)
- Social media best practices (e.g, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok)
- Social media content management (e.g., Hootsuite, Hubspot, etc.)
- Paid marketing platforms (e.g., Google Ads, Meta Business Suite, etc.)
- Content development, including text, video, images, and other media
- Web traffic optimization best practices (e.g., SEO, SEM, and UI/UX principles)
- Proficient in monitoring and tracking metrics using (e.g., Social Media platform analytics tools, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
In addition, the following will be considered assets, but are not required:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in marketing, digital marketing, journalism, or related field
- Agency exposure
- Proficient copywriting
- Experience with design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
This is an incredibly unique opportunity for a passionate marketer who is looking to gain valuable industry experience that will help shape the landscape of BC's construction industry!
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the BCCA team, you can look forward to $55,000 to $60,000 annual salary evaluated on skills and experience, plus the following:
- Opportunity to work fully remote, or in a hybrid work model
- Robust health benefits, including vision, prescription, and dental coverage
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- BCCA wellness plan, including health spending account
- RRSP matching
- Access to Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Personal and professional development, including Education reimbursement
- Join an organization that promotes a healthy life-work balance and a respectful workplace
- A chance to support a team and deliver programs with industry-wide impact
BCCA is the largest and most diverse construction association in the province. If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!