Coordinator, Construction Apprenticeship Program
Hybrid or Remote - anywhere in BC
- Join a progressive organization with a long term vision
- Receive $43,000 to $48,960 annual salary plus full benefits
- Help make a valuable impact in the construction industry
About British Columbia Construction Association
British Columbia Construction Association's (BCCA) mission is to ensure our province is home to a world-class construction sector that demonstrates exceptional productivity and resilience.
We’ve made it our mission to ensure that the skilled workforce, resources, and regulatory environment exceeds the needs and expectations of all industrial, commercial, and institutional construction employers. We work to ensure that everyone is represented, whether union or open shop, general or trade, located in the north or the south or anywhere in between.
BCCA programs serve more than 10,000 contractors, and with such an enormous reach, we are the go-to source of information and guidance for our industry.
To read more about us, our mission, various programs, and strategic plan, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, BCCA is seeking a Program Coordinator for the Construction Apprenticeship Program. This exciting new province-wide initiative will partner small to medium-scale construction enterprises (SME) with future first year Red Seal Trades apprentices. This can be a fully remote or hybrid work model position, however, the successful candidate must reside in BC.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you are responsible for maintaining all day-to-day submissions and communications to ensure the Construction Apprenticeship program runs smoothly and generates accurate reporting. Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering questions and providing information about the program to prospective participants
- Gathering pertinent program information and preparing statistical and financial reporting
- Reviewing and managing program paperwork for eligibility, accuracy, and completeness, including data entry of participant details, expenses, and SME information
- Maintaining databases and internal spreadsheets to ensure reporting is accurate
- Performing general office management tasks such as maintaining office budget, office equipment, and inventory
- Assisting in marketing tasks, as delegated by the Program Manager
- Following up on financial transactions and ensuring receipts are submitted
- Ensuring budget items are met and entered correctly in various databases including Syspro
- Managing all expenses from the regional offices for all employees
- Training Registration & Employment Placement Specialists on paperwork requirements
- Supporting satellite offices within the region
- Updating data management forms and protocol
- Ensuring protection and security of files and records
To qualify, you will need at least 2 years of experience in administration, data management, or project management. Experience working with a CRM is also essential.
Skills, experience, and background in the following are crucial for this role:
- Administration and project coordination
- CRM systems and other documentation processes
- Organization and management of high volumes of data
- Computer proficiency, including spreadsheets and databases
- Developing and streamlining process efficiencies
As our new Program Coordinator, you will be essential in liaising with internal teams and SME partners, so you must be able to effectively communicate in a confident and professional manner. You are someone who can effectively multitask, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent attention to details, and loves to collaborate.
This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity within a program that greatly impacts the future of the construction industry in the province!
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the BCCA team, you can look forward to $43,000 to $48,960 annual salary evaluated on skills and experience, plus the following:
- Opportunity to work fully remote, or in a hybrid work model
- Robust health benefits, including vision, prescription, and dental coverage
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- BCCA wellness plan, including health spending account
- RRSP matching
- Access to Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Personal and professional development, including Education reimbursement
- Join an organization that promotes a healthy life-work balance and a respectful workplace
- A chance to support a team and deliver programs with industry-wide impact
BCCA is the largest and most diverse construction association in the province. If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!