Employment Specialist, Construction Apprenticeship Program
Hybrid or Remote - anywhere in BC
- Join a progressive organization with a long term vision
- Receive $58,000 to $61,200 annual salary plus full benefits
- Help make a valuable impact in the construction industry
About British Columbia Construction Association
British Columbia Construction Association's (BCCA) mission is to ensure our province is home to a world-class construction sector that demonstrates exceptional productivity and resilience.
We’ve made it our mission to ensure that the skilled workforce, resources, and regulatory environment exceeds the needs and expectations of all industrial, commercial, and institutional construction employers. We work to ensure that everyone is represented, whether union or open shop, general or trade, located in the north or the south or anywhere in between.
BCCA programs serve more than 10,000 contractors, and with such an enormous reach, we are the go-to source of information and guidance for our industry.
To read more about us, our mission, various programs, and strategic plan, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, BCCA is seeking multiple Registration and Employment Placement Specialists (REPS) for our Construction Apprenticeship Program. This exciting new province-wide initiative will partner small to medium-scale construction enterprises (SME) with future first year Red Seal Trades apprentices.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will lead in recruitment, assessment, skills development, and career advancement of individuals working in or aspiring to an apprenticeship in the skilled trades in BC.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting SMEs with job matching, placement, on-boarding support, and registering apprentices in the provincial apprenticeship system
- Signing agreements with SMEs to hire new, first-year apprentices, including from equity-deserving groups
- Assisting eligible participants into eventual employment placement
- Meeting with employers to identify employment requirements
- Liaising between employers and workers to assure a positive work site match
- Managing all client case files, databases, and documentations to ensure accurate reporting
- Providing information and value regarding the program to prospective participants
- Conducting exit surveys with SMEs and apprentices to measure program satisfaction, including action plans for recruitment and apprenticeship options
- Attending job fairs, events, and other outreach to network and promote the program
- Communicating with other BCCA programs to facilitate appropriate program referrals
- Other duties as assigned
To qualify, you will need at least 3 years of experience in employment counselling or advisory. Experience working with funding related to non-profit organizations would be considered an asset.
Skills, experience, and background in the following will be highly valued for this role:
- Construction and/or trades training and apprenticeship programs in BC
- HR, recruitment, employment training, career counselling, and/or construction crew supervision
- WorkBC or other government employment programs (asset)
- Red Seal license in an accredited trades program (asset)
- Client-facing consulting and relationship-building
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Teams
As a program influencer, you will have the ability to advise career-defining solutions to our future apprentice participants. Your outstanding interpersonal skills will be essential in creating value in the program, and thus, increasing SME awareness and participation. This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity that will make use of your valuable industry knowledge to help shape the future of BC's construction industry!
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the BCCA team, you can look forward to $58,000 to $61,200 annual salary evaluated on skills and experience, plus the following:
- Opportunity to work in a flexible hybrid work model
- Robust health benefits, including vision, prescription, and dental coverage
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- BCCA wellness plan, including health spending account
- RRSP matching
- Access to Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Personal and professional development, including Education reimbursement
- Join an organization that promotes a healthy life-work balance and a respectful workplace
- A chance to influence the future of BC's construction industry and its workforce!
BCCA is the largest and most diverse construction association in the province. If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!